2. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 13.
3. A Note to Users Outside of the United States. Your Personal Information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of Personal Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
4. Types of Data We Collect. LiteScape collects Personal Information and Anonymous Data from you when you visit our Websites, when you send us information or communications, and/or when you use our Services. "Personal Information" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. "Anonymous Data" means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information and Anonymous Data, as described below.
4.1 Personal Information You Provide to Us
- If you create an account with us ("Account"), we may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, Website user name and password, age, and gender information.
- If you are using the 3Deep Service, we may also collect additional Personal Information from you, such as the carrier information for the mobile phone you registered with your Account ("Registered Phone"), the model of the Registered Phone, your phone presence (e.g., on-the-phone or off-the-phone), your calendar information, and the location of your Registered Phone (which may be obtained via GPS, cell tower registration, or other means). If you choose to share such information with other users or make such information available to the public, such users or the public (as applicable) will be able to see such information as well as your user name.
- If you are ordering Services from us, we may also collect additional Personal Information from you, such as your credit card number, billing address, and shipping information.
- We also retain information on your behalf contained in the text, data, images, and other content ("Content") that you store using your Account. If you choose to share such Content with other users or make such Content available to the public, such users or the public (as applicable) will be able to see such Content as well as your user name.
- If you provide us feedback, fill out a survey, or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other Content you provide.
- When you post messages on the chat rooms or message boards of our Websites, such information will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it as well as your user name.
- We may also collect Personal Information at other points in our Websites that state that Personal Information is being collected.
4.2 Personal Information Collected via Technology
- To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect Personal Information from you, including browser type, operating system type, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit. This information may be associated with your other Personal Information, such as your Account information.
- Like most Internet services, we automatically gather this Personal Information and store it in log files and databases each time you visit our Websites or access your Account on our network.
4.3 Personal Information That We Collect from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to join our network, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us as specified below to request the removal of this information from our database.
4.4 Personal Information Collected by Third Parties.
5. Use of Your Data
5.1 General Use. In general, Personal Information you submit to us is used either to provide our Services to you, to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. LiteScape uses your Personal Information in the following ways: (a) if you are using the 3Deep Service, to share your information (including your phone presence, your calendar information, and the location of your Registered Phone) with certain third parties in accordance with your Account preferences, (b) to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network; (c) to identify you as a user in our system; (d) to provide improved administration of our Services; (e) to improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Services; (f) to send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created; (g) to send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; (h) to send you billing emails; (i) to respond to your inquiries; and (j) if you opt in to receive the following, to provide you with newsletters, ask you to participate in surveys, online marketing and social media campaigns, and provide you with advertisements related to our Services. We may contact you via email, telephone or postal mail.
5.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns and the particular terms and content contained in your Content so that we may enhance the content of our Services, improve site navigation, and better tailor advertisements to you. LiteScape reserves the right to use and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its discretion.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
6.1 Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Information collected from our Services to third parties. However, we may share your Personal Information with third parties (a) to provide you with the services that we offer you through our Services; (b) for billing and payment processing of your orders with us; (c) to conduct quality assurance testing; (d) to facilitate creation and management of Accounts; (e) to provide technical support; or (f) to provide specific services ("Third Party Service Providers"). These Third Party Service Providers are required not to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by LiteScape. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our contractors and Third Party Service Providers for the sole purpose of providing services to you.
6.2 Partner Companies. We may enter into agreements with Partner Companies. A Partner Company may want access to Personal Information that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Information to a Partner Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Information to Partner Companies for the Partner Companies’ own direct marketing purposes, unless you have "opted-in" by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in for us to make such disclosures and later wish for us to stop making such disclosures, you may "opt-out" by following the instructions we provide to opt-out of such disclosures. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Partner Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Partner Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of our Partner Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that we collect and disclose to such Partner Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of our Partner Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
6.4 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Information (as described below), LiteScape may disclose Personal Information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on LiteScape or (b) protect or defend the rights, property, or safety of LiteScape, users of our Services, or third parties. \
7. Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information
7.2 Modification to Data. You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account by editing your Account preferences. You may request deletion of your Account information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete Account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
7.3 Sharing Data with Others. If you are using the 3Deep Service, you may change your preferences in your Account regarding which third parties (other than our Third Party Services Providers) may view your information (including your phone presence, your calendar information, and the GPS location of your Registered Phone) by editing your Account profile.
8. Security of Your Personal Information. LiteScape is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that LiteScape cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
LiteScape Technologies, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
71 Stevenson Street
San Francisco, CA 94105